By: Rick Metivier
Captive insurance programs have grown significantly as many small and middle market companies in the United States are seeking solutions with the instability in the market. This has been driven by unfavorable commercial automobile insurance trends as result of litigation financing, explosive punitive damage judgments, and jurisdictional concerns.
As a result of these market trends, more sophisticated policyholders are demanding greater control over insurance costs and the ability to control their own destiny. Captive programs offer policyholders the following advantages:
- Long-term control and stability of insurance costs
- Ability to address specific coverage and/or administration issues
- Reduction in operational costs
- Returns underwriting profits and investment income directly to captive members
- Selective membership criteria ensures only best in class operations are admitted
- Active sharing in risk and participation in risk management programs
- Opportunity to capitalize on loss prevention and safety, claims management, and technology-driven programs
It is critical to offer risk management and technology-driven alternative risk programs that can provide unique services including, but not limited to, loss control training packages, vehicle technology requirements, claims and litigation management, system capabilities, and education platforms. Policyholders should be seeking captive insurance solutions that focus on risk management and technology through loss prevention and safety, claims management, and telematics managed services.
Click here to learn more about how you can control your own destiny through our captive insurance solutions through eCaptiv.
Rick Metivier is the Senior Vice President, Distribution for Energi, Inc.